Generation Of Action (GOA) is a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) formed in 2010 dedicated to combating environmental problems in the City and District of Pematangsiantar Simalungun in central Sumatra. These problems range from water, air and soil pollution to protecting our remaining forest areas from illegal logging and clearing for palm oil and other agricultural pursuits.
We as the younger generation that make up GOA have a responsibility to enhance and preserve the environment for future generations living not only in the City and District of Pematangsiantar Simalungun but to Indonesia as a whole. We believe future generations have a right for a cleaner, greener and more sustainable future.
- Grow and plant ten thousand native trees every year in various locations throughout the municipality of Simalungun (including lake Toba).
- Provide guidance and assistance to local govermant, district councils, village chiefs and the wider community about the importance of environmental conservation.
- Educate members of the community who have the potential to provide solutions to existing environmental problems.
- Work with local government to adopt a clean city program through the greater placement of rubbish bins, recycling centres and strategically placed landfill sites.
- Coordinate with other NGO’s to pressure the Local and district governments to protect all remaining forests, crack down on illegal logging and other forms of land clearing and to create new National Parks and Forest Protection Areas.
GOA has undertaken the following programs:
- Organised the Cleaning of residential areas, markets and other public places.
- Planted 23,000 native trees and supplied native seeds for reforestation programs
- Worked with governments to create new landfills and recycling centres in the distict.
- Through funding from Pertamina; designed, developed and erected 12 large signs along roadsides to educate the community about forest protection and appropriate disposal of rubbish.
In addition to the above program, GOA offers counseling and guidance to district governments, schools and other educational institutions, church leaders and companies in the city and county of Simalungun.
Being a Non-Government Organisation has up to this point in time functioned without any incoming funds, operating day-to-day activities at the personal expense of its organizers. Funding was allocated for project specific purposes only.
ITEM’S THAT REALLY NEED FUNDING SUPPORT:
Office + Nursery Rent for 3 years: $ 1,000/year
Trees (seeds, soil, pots, fertilizer) 10,000 package: $ 500.00
In Total (USD) $ 3,500.00
With the participation of the society in our programs, GOA assures that this program will be very beneficial directly to aspects of society, especially the municipalities and counties Simalungun.
And also for the donors, among others:
- Contribute to improving the knowledge and human resources in the field of environmental conservation.
- Contribute to the long-term preservation of the environment.
- Provide a good image in the development of human resources and district municipalities Simalungun
If the institution for donors who willing to participate in sustainability programs we have explained above, The donors can confirm and call Generation Of Action Chairman: Marcus Lamhot (085358233393).
Thanks for your kind attention to this blog-post.
——————————————————————Information on Generations of Action (GOA) GENERATION OF ACTION (GOA) – Environmental NGO’s (Non-Governmental Organizations)
- KOTA PEMATANGSIANTAR DAN KABUPATEN SIMALUNGUN | Alamat : Jl. Nias No. 2 kel. Toba – Kec. Siantar Selatan PEMATANGSIANTAR – INDONESIA
- No. Reg. STTPKO P. SIANTAR 245 240
- No. Reg. STTPKO Simalungun 220/71/Kesbangpol – Linmas/2011
- No Telp : 085358233393 – 085358614822